Working closely with the Senior Marketing & Communications Associate, Global Head of Marketing & Communications and Global Marketing team, the candidate will handle events relative to all areas of the Firm including, Investment Banking, Research, Sales & Trading, etc. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, willingness to contribute to the team in a capacity outside of specific job function if needed, collaborative mentality and willingness to travel (15 – 20%).
- Assist in the development of strategy, marketing and execution of global conferences and events.
- Build preliminary anticipated budgets for approval by Executive operating committee
- Work with each team sponsor to determine location, date, etc.
- Venue Search & consolidating of individualized budgets
- Contract review and negotiations with venue
- Coordinate internally on inviting and confirming corporate participants
- Build registration site
- Develop & distribute Invite both internally & externally
- Communicate with confirmed companies on all logistics, planning, 1x1 meetings, etc.
- Manage and track all confirmations, declines, meeting preferences, etc.
- Build and communicate overall program agenda and meeting schedules
- Coordinate with venue on all logistics, BEOs, etc.
- Onsite meeting management
- Setup, staging, F&B, registration and check-in process, branding, etc.
- Event types include: single and multi day investor conferences, inclusive of company meetings and one on one meetings; single day one on one meeting based conference (held both in office and offsite); internal offsite meetings; specialty keynote events; investment banking closing events (experiential events, dinners, etc.); internal social events (holiday events, seasonal outings); executive meetings and off sites
- Venue relationship management
- Venue tracking for key geographical locations including venue type, logistical accommodations, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and commitment to team and department. Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to client requests with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe creative suite such as: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver a plus
BA or BS degree
2-3 years of event experience necessary, preferably in the financial services industry